History of Jewish Construction and Architectural Activity in Thessaloniki
Jewish-owned commercial use buildings accommodating stores, offices and workshops (1922-1930)
Research for this project was conducted by Dr. Anastasia Valavanidou, who investigated the archives of the Urban Planning Department of the Directorate for Urban Planning & Architectural Studies of the Municipality of Thessaloniki and made use of the surviving files concerning the Thessaloniki Burned Area. The digital applications were created by ΜΕΙ Ltd, with Mr. Nikos Pachtas as technical advisor. Dr. Evangelos Hekimoglou directed the project and edited the texts; Mrs. Iliana Herrera conducted the photo shoots and sound recordings; Mrs. Lucie Nahmias had the operational coordination of the project. The texts were translated by Mr. Giorgos Christides. Mrs. Lili Angel contributed in the exhibition.
The collaboration of the Urban Planning Department of the Directorate for Urban Planning & Architectural Studies of the Municipality of Thessaloniki was also vital for the project.