ENGINEERS & ARCHITECTS
active in the Thessaloniki Burned Area
Maximilian (Max) Rubens
Architect Maximilian Rubens graduated from Constantinople’s Imperial Fine Arts Academy in 1912. He then moved to Thessaloniki, where he worked on several projects in the city’s Burned Area. His office was located in Victoria Mansion (office no. 19-20), which is the address he used in all the applications he filed on behalf of his clients. He was one of the few engineers who had a private telephone line (69).
Maximilan Rubens was one of the most prolific architects in Thessaloniki during the Interwar period.